- Q:What is the process for everyday care?
- A:Glazed-tile floors should be vacuumed regularly to remove dirt and gritty particles. Follow with a mop or sponge dampened with an approved tile cleaner.
Glazed-tile walls in your home will easily keep their lovely look with simple routine care. Just wipe regularly with a damp cloth or sponge, using a non-abrasive household cleaner. A window cleaner (such as Windex or Glass-Plus) is ideal for cleaning glossy tile surfaces.
- Q:What about heavy duty cleaning?
- A:For high traffic areas or when tile has been neglected for a long time, professional cleaning may be required, please consult a Renaissance Flooring of Scottsdale representative for more information.
- Q:What are some best practices for ceramic tile care?
- A:Do not combine ammonia and household bleaches.
Do not use harsh cleaning agents (such as steel wool pads) which can scratch or damage the surface of your tile.
Test scouring pads in a small area first.
Use a silicone sealer on grout joints if continuous staining is a problem.
Read and follow label directions for all cleaners.
Consult with your Renaissance Flooring representative if you have any questions.
- Q:What is the best way to maintain tile grout?
- A:Grout may present a special cleaning problem because it is susceptible to many staining agents. Apply a silicone sealer to grout joints several times a year for maximum protection.
In addition to keeping the grout clean, be sure to keep grout joints in good repair. Scrape out loose, cracked or powdery joints and refill with a good grout. If you would like, Renaissance Flooring can recommend an experienced grout cleaning and sealing company to assist you.
One common grouting trouble spot is the joint between the tub and and the wall in your bathroom. As the house or tub settles, the grout may crack and crumble. It's relatively simple to remedy. Remove the old grout with a sharp pointed tool, watching out that you don't scratch tile or tub. Then dry the joint thoroughly and fill with a flexible caulking compound, such as silicone rubber caulking.
- Q:Which cleaners can I use?
- A:Although tile cleaners are available at your local supermarket, we recommend using products that are specifically designed to clean ceramic tile. Renaissance Flooring carries a number of these products, you can stop by to purchase these or we can ship them to you.Ceramic tile warranties vary depending on the manufacturer. Check with your Renaissance Flooring sales representative for the warranty that applies to your floor.